But he is a genius as well. He is a programmer and built his own house. He designed everything himself. He found his own solution for any challenge he met resulting in a fantastic off-grid sustainable house. I really love it. If you compare Lorens approach to the "No Impact Man" it is quite the opposite. Loren was not interested in public opinion, he just built the house as he wanted it to be. With the no nonsense approach and all the technical skills that he obviously has.
I hope I made you curious enough to watch below video that explains how this house works.
Norcal veteran coder customizes with sensors off-grid home
Let's summarize why I love this house so much.
- It is built using local building material : wood from the neighbourhood.
- It has no connection to the power grid.
- Self supporting with 1600W of solar panels and batteries.
- The integrated control of all systems really contributes to comfort and efficiency.
- It has a sophisticated heating system.
- Cooking on solar energy using induction.
- Automated irrigation.
- Water system with automated ozon cleaning.
- Central door lock system.
- The overall solution being lean and mean.
Not all solutions are applicable in Colombia but nevertheless there are valuable lessons to learn here.
Nice example.
ReplyDeleteWOW!! this is an amazing house, just teach me we have to be very practical.
ReplyDeleteI love this house too
Ana